Re: yum install revisor on FC6

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> --- Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> It is easy enough to check for yourself with a simple search or using
>>> yum info command if you are running that version. Revisor is only
>>> available in Fedora 7 and above. Live cd tools and Pungi was available
>>> even in Fedora Core 6.
>>>
>>> Again Red Hat magazine article is correct. Instead of reading it in
>>> parts just read the whole article and don't take sections out of context
>>> and everything should be clear.
>>>
>>> Rahul
>> Hmmm.....
>>
>> % uname -a
>> Linux triveni.xxx.xxxxx.xxx 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Jun 19 19:27:14 EDT
>> 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> % yum info livecd-tools
>> Setting up repositories
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>>
>> % yum install livecd-tools
>> Setting up Install Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>> Parsing package install arguments
>> Nothing to do
>
> Don't waste your time quibbling with Rahul about the erroneous
> information in the article. He is very defensive when it comes to
> articles and web pages. None of the FC6 repositories  have the rpm.
> Various announcements say that livecd-tools would be available for
> FC6. It would appear that it never got moved from development into
> Extras.
>
> Searched with Google and http://rpm.pbone.net and found the rpm at
> these locations:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/davidz/livecd/i386/livecd-tools-001-1.i386.rpm
>
> http://fedoranews.org/tchung/livecd/livecd-tools/livecd-tools-001-2.fc6.i386.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/vol/rzm1/linux-kde-redhat/kde-redhat/fedora/6/i386/RPMS.unstable/livecd-tools-001-1.fc6.i386.rpm
>
> ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/apt.kde-redhat.org/kde-redhat/fedora/6/i386/RPMS.unstable/livecd-tools-001-1.fc6.i386.rpm
>
> Don't know how current the packages are in relation to those available
> for F7 or F8.

livecd-tools has been tagged 010 recently.

To clear the skys from any doubts: Revisor is not available for FC6, and
I don't think it will be. We're working on supporting CentOS 5/RHEL 5
which basically provide the same versions of software Revisor depends
upon, so maybe, just maybe, we'll get that done before FC6 EOL.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip