Re: Dell Precision M60 with Broadcom BCM4306 HELP!

> Ok so I am a noobie!  I am unable to understand or follow the tutorials
> out there on how to get my wireless card working in F7.  Can anyone give
> me a detailed description of how to get this working?
>
> Is ndiswrapper better or should i do the bcm fwcutter method or do i mix
> both?  Very confusing to my Microsoft trained brain :)

ndiswrapper is the last resort and doesn't "mix" with anything else.

The bcm43xx-mac80211 driver with the firmware from fwcutter is your best
bet.  However in the last couple of days the guys responsible for it
fixed a problem with its TX strength, although I had good luck with it
already as it was when I had a Belkin card that needed it.  Therefore it
is due to get even better in the next few kernel updates, even if it
doesn't work right for you now.

-Andy