Re: I hate update!

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 08:48 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 07:59 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >> 	It's a law. You get a number of updated files installed and then when
> >> you need to do something it is broken. I got updates yesterday and one
> >> was to Cups and now I can no longer use my printer! I need to print some
> >> maps. I will reboot to FC6 where the printer still works!
> > What happens when you try to use your printer?
> > Any hints in the logs about the failure?
> > --
> > Have you noticed that all you need to grow healthy, vigorous grass is a
> > crack in your sidewalk?
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> 	Hi Aaron, the trip back to FC6 proves the computer and printer do talk
> if the software is proper. So far on F7 I have looked with lpq and the
> files qued to be printed are remaining in the que. I will look for some
> more clews. It sounds like the printer gets the message to prepare to
> print, but then it goes back to sleep.
In the cuos web page is the printer enabled (or started)
Creating computer software is always a demanding and painstaking process
-- an exercise in logic, clear expression, and almost fanatical
attention to detail. It requires intelligence, dedication, and an
enormous amount of hard work. But, a certain amount of unpredictable and
often unrepeatable inspiration is what usually makes the difference
between adequacy and excellence.