Re: I hate update!

Karl Larsen wrote:
Claude Jones wrote:
On Tuesday August 7 2007 10:48:00 am Karl Larsen wrote:
    Hi Aaron, the trip back to FC6 proves the computer and
printer do talk if the software is proper. So far on F7 I have
looked with lpq and the files qued to be printed are remaining
in the que. I will look for some more clews. It sounds like
the printer gets the message to prepare to print, but then it
goes back to sleep.

On some update in the recent period, I had a similar experience. I'm on F7 and use an HP LJ (can't remember the model). After futzing for about one minute, and seeing something similar to what Karl describes, I just deleted the jobs, deleted the printer, and reinstalled it. I did this from KDE Control Center, which is all I ever use to get my printers up.
I am using Gnome and I deleted the printer and re-intalled it but I do not like the way it worked. It NEVER asked me how the printer is connected to the computer. This IS odd. I will do this again and see what it does.

As you do the install, keep a log of the questions asked and your responses and provide that in your next email. ...and why are there two threads for the same issue here? Respond to your own email, please don't start a new subject for the same issue.