Re: I hate update!

On Tuesday August 7 2007 10:48:00 am Karl Larsen wrote:
> 	Hi Aaron, the trip back to FC6 proves the computer and
> printer do talk if the software is proper. So far on F7 I have
> looked with lpq and the files qued to be printed are remaining
> in the que. I will look for some more clews. It sounds like
> the printer gets the message to prepare to print, but then it
> goes back to sleep.

On some update in the recent period, I had a similar experience.
I'm on F7 and use an HP LJ (can't remember the model). After
futzing for about one minute, and seeing something similar to
what Karl describes, I just deleted the jobs, deleted the
printer, and reinstalled it. I did this from KDE Control Center,
which is all I ever use to get my printers up.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA