Re: Please help with Firefox bug

> If fedora devels would recode Firefox (which they would never do) so
> that when a user clicks on "install missing plugin" firefox tells yum
> to add macromedia repo and install rpm containing flash - you have my
> blessing :) Off course after admin gives it's blessing via root
> password.

This is one of those nice threads where I find myself agreeing with
everything on both sides... but a note on modding Firefox though, that
is a bit of a fraught issue.  Some entity (Mozilla Foundation or
somesuch) owns the "Firefox" trademark, and they disallow you to change
the Firefox sources *and* continue to use the Firefox (TM) name on it.

Fedora already interface with that requirement by getting any patches
"approved" by some bloke at Mozilla before they can ship it, other
distros have said "to Hell with that" and changed the name so they don't
have to comply with any Trademark license.

I think the most consistent solution would be to redirect to a
fedoraproject.org page when you click that button, which can generate
the best current knowledge for getting you going based on the
information for the missing handler from the browser and your Fedora
version, and so on.  But the Mozilla folks might not allow traffic to be
directed somewhere else.

-Andy