If you can't beat 'em, join 'em [was: Backup using rsync]

Around 01:05am on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

> 	In my FC4 things I found the file rsync that I used to back up my
> 	whole computer things. I have a 8.7 Gbyte hard drive in a $20 dollar
> plastic holder which has a power supply and a USB plug that my current F7
> will put at /media/disk/. I worried it was too small. So I used the old #
> du -c -h /file and I learned that I have:
>
> /home	3.8 Gig
> /root	.051
> /usr	3.4
> /etc	.114
> /var	.107
> /lib 	.073
> /bin	.058
> /sbin	.020
>
> This is 7.3 Gbyte which will fit on the hard drive.
>
> Now I have to try it and see how it works.

I quite like my one of my computer monitors.  Its a flat one, and quite
rectangularish.  The other one is older and not such a favourite.

I have one good set of speakers, the others are basic and cheap but have
some nice blue ellipses on them.  I think they both use electricity.

I had eggs for breakfast, and I am waiting to see if they work with my
digestive system, or if its broken.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 08:16:17 up 1 day, 20:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.06, 0.06