From: Alan Cox [mailto:alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 8/6/2007 5:18 PM
To: Jason Taylor
Cc: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: fedora 6 kernel panic issues

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:57:47 -0700
"Jason Taylor" <jtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now it just did it again and I see end_request: I/O error dev sda
> transacton #######
>
> How could both hard drives be the same?

If you can make it do it again then I need to know the stuff that is
displayed beyond the end_request report - the actual ATA error codes for
one.

It may not be the drives but you've provided almost no info so its hard
to tell at this point. The actual error data printed will give a much
better idea of what occurred - drive or otherwise.