RE: fedora 6 kernel panic issues

>> kernel: journal commit I/O error

> It couldn't commit journal entries to the disk and update the file
> system. One of your disks went for a hike, the question is why ?

Check your memory. Use memtest86+- 1.70. Leave it running at least
to pass 13 (it can take 4 or 5 hours, depending on the amount of RAM you have).

Certainly you will realize that one or more of your sticks is bad.

I had the same problem in the past. In my case the memory was so bad
that in a few minutes memtest pointed me out the problem.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ