Re: How to list to a file?

Justin W wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:

If I do   /usr/local/bin/fap.pl > faprpt.txt

the output of fap.pl is written to faprpt.txt.

However if I repeat this a second time the first data is overwritten.

How do I cause each subsequent command to append to what is listed before?

Bob Goodwin

Use two angle brackets:

   /usr/local/bin/fap.pl >> faprpt.txt

Ah yes, that works!  Thanks for the help.

I couldn't find that, looked in man bash but that covers a lot and I may have missed it?

Bob Goodwin