Re: RFE: how to file

Globe Trotter wrote:

I am aware that xfce exists for F7 and before. I guess one thing I have been
uncomfortable with is the fact that we can not seem to get xfce (or some other
related DE) without all the gnome already being installed by default. Hence, I
wanted to request a distribution with a lightweight DE. Sort of similar to
xubuntu vis-a-vis ubuntu (and kubuntu) which is lightyears ahead of the last
two. Fedora would also have the same speedup for those who care, and worry
about bloat.

How about leading the effort for such a spin? Talk to the XFCE maintainer and help write a kickstart file. The kickstart file can be used to create Live images and you get a XFCE based Fedora spin. Not too much effort.

Rahul