Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 10:47 +0200, MoonShine wrote:
> Ok I switched from Windoes Xp to Linux and got Fc6 installed in which
> im using right now but earlier I bought the next version of Fedora
> which is f7 but it wont boot from restart or start up and the reason
> I bought was becuase I couldnt download anything from the internet at
> all! Only from like Add/Remove default program and the updater!
>
> Can anyone help before I give up Linux!!

Hmm, I stuck with FC4 for a long time, because I didn't like FC5.  I
finally got around to trying out FC6 when 4 expired, and then tried FC7
shortly afterwards.  The moral is that you don't have to use the latest,
so long as there's still a supported one that you can use.  You also
don't have to abandon Linux just because you can't get Fedora to work,
there's plenty of alternatives to choose from.

Having got that out of the way, what is it that doesn't boot?  The disc
to do the FC7 install, or the computer after you've finished installing
it?

There are various ways to start an installation, and what you have as a
current working system can widen your choices.  We need more information
about what didn't work, and what you can do.  If you look at the Fedora
website, there's quite a few installation methods outlined on it.

Start here:  <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/>  Ask
questions about where you get stuck, mentioning what you have managed.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.