Re: Remote X11 Connection

Konstantin Svist wrote:

As I said at the start, I've also heard good things about freenx. I gather it makes the process much slicker, without the need for all the CLI stuff. However, its not at all standard in most distros, whilst vnc is and installing in places significant burden on the remote sys-admin, so you might have to fight to convince them to do so (unless you happen to be that admin ;) )

What about 100/1000 connections with SSH-only?

You can ssh-tunnel just about anything, but I'd still pick freenx/NX as the first choice if you plan to use it much and only consider the others where that isn't available. If the target is fedora, just 'yum install freenx'. Then you need to get the client ssh key from /etc/nxserver to the client machine and import it in the client configuration program - and make sure the 'use ssl encryption for entire session' option is set. Everything else is pretty obvious. I've only used the windows and mac clients though, so I'm not quite sure how the linux client setup works.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx