Re: Fedora 7 not booting after install

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 12:25 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > After a thorough backup, I've just installed F7. The install
> > succeeded, however booting gets stuck at this message:
> > Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
> >
> > How to continue? This is the first boot.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
> >
> > http://lyricslist.com/
> > http://what-is-what.com/
> >
> Looks like grub is not set up right. Does it just stop or does it say
> kernel panic?
Dotan this looks like a can't reach the kernel situation. Use a rescue
disk (or linux rescue at boot) and look at your grub.conf. Be sure that
kernel locations and root entries are correct. Check especially your
Label entries that they match those in fstab and the partitions
themselves.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>