FC6 display resolution too hi

I set my desired display resolution, however every tim when reboot the system, FC6 started the start up process (in GUI mode before log in with user name and password), the display resolution is very hi - image too small, until I input the user name and the password, log into desktop, then my desired display setting will come to effect. How to resolve this issue?