Re: f6-mirrors infected wit f7-f8 packets

On 04/08/07, peter volsted <pvolsted@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi
>
> >  Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On 04/08/07, peter volsted <pvolsted@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> hi
> >>
> >> The last 24 hours the f6 mirrors has had a vast amount of f7 & f8
> >> packages in them, Yum ends up with unsolveable dependency problems and
> >> so - luckily - declines to perform anything more usefull than vaste time.
> >> I hope someone will clean up the mess soon.
> >>

> > Where? Which repository? Which mirror? Do you also see this on the
> > master mirror?
> >
> > To "clean up" something you either need somebody who can reproduce it
> > or somebody who is aware of a problem already.
> >
> fedora-development.repo: fc6 918, fc7 2895, fc8 3436

This is normal and unchanged for a very long time. It's not just like
that for the last 24h. You've been chasing ghosts. fedora-development
inherits packages, which have not been rebuilt, from Fedora 6 and
Fedora 7. Only new builds get the .fc8 dist tag when they use %dist in
the spec file. The Fedora 7 release notes explain why Fedora 7
contains packages with .fc6 in their release version.

> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/os/>
> that does not seem to answer.

Update your bookmarks, because the directory layout has changed some weeks ago:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/

Conclusively, are you aware that you don't refer to Fedora 6 but
Fedora Development (aka rawhide)? You don't run Fedora 6 when you have
that repository enabled. And yes, there are ordinary broken
dependencies in fedora development. See the daily rawhide report on
fedora-devel list or fedora-test list.