Re: Cisco VPN Client and 2.6.22 Kernels

Phil Meyer wrote:
Marc Schwartz wrote:
For anyone having issues with the Cisco VPN client under the latest Fedora
2.6.22 kernels, there is a patch and instructions available here:

  http://tuxx-home.at/archives/2007/05/29/T16_34_26/

I have tried it on my F7 system and it does work. Be sure that you have
the vpnclient-linux-4.8.00.0490-k9.tar.gz version of the client Linux source tarball. Either 'unpatch' your existing code tree, if you used the 2.6.19 patch, or better, just remove the source code and untar the tarball to start
with a clean code tree.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

For most of us, the Cisco VPN client is no longer required with Fedora 7.

The new (with F7) openvpn client read my Cisco Profile just fine, and works with NetworkManager very well.

In fact, the openvpn client is much better than the Cisco VPN client in that the openvpn client allows the local network to still function! That is very handy for having a mounted file system functional when on a VPN to work.

Cisco doesn't see that as a feature, it's a security hole allowing other systems to crawl thru into the secure network. Matter of perspective, leave me out of the politics, I can see both sides of that one!

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>