Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 USB stick

  This has also happened to me at school, sometimes human error, like some persons have mentioned before forget about certain drivers and we get things like this happening.  I have another machine at school, and it had a Sis based Ethernet, and when 2.6.21.1 was released, the unpatched one, the machine hung and gave a kernel panic.  Then someone reported the issue and the patch was issued and things got fixed.  On one of my machines, the DHCP never worked and it hung getting IP address from DHCP, I turned off the network on it (chkconfig network off) and manually added IP address, DNS and gateway and got connected.  I asked for help on the list and serveral people were very nice and gave me advice.  The problem as at school, the big computer that issues out IP's according to mac addresses had two machines with different Mac Addresses sharing the same IP.  The other machine got the IP address and mine of course did not.  The solution was to remove the
 other computer and of course things started working out fine.  I turned network on which chkconfig and removed the lines from /etc/rc.local that gave ip address manually.

> In any case, what do you mean by "not directly with the kernel"?
> Are you distinguishing between the kernel proper and kernel modules?
> (If so, it doesn't seem to me to matter too much where the problem lies,
> or lay.)

You are absolutely correct.  It does not seem to matter, because with both newer kernels, the martian_dev does not work, while another one does. When I use that machine I connect with the older kernels.

> --
> Timo> thy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

I suggest that there is nothing wrong with the kernels since the other winmodem works.  Smartlink 56K PCI.  Take a look here

Not working:  martian/Agere Winmodem

http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:27471:200708:occeenpbojiacbfpcdaj

http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:27472:200708:bhciamjdlfnegiihpcda

Working:

http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:27473:200708:jeflelhdabkehocdlkkb

Regards,

Antonio

Linux Counter # 381662
http://counter.li.org/

Home Page(s):
http://www20.brinkster.com/olivares/
http://www.geociites.com/olivares14031/

Fedora Core 6, Fedora 7, Slax Linux LIve CD, System Rescue CD, GParted Live CD, .., etc.
[olivares@localhost ~]$ uname -iprm
2.6.22.1-33.fc7 i686 athlon i386
[olivares@localhost ~]$ echo $(date +%Y/%m/%d~%H:%M:%S)2007/08/02~09:46:48
[olivares@localhost ~]$