Re: why is my wireless totally borked in f7?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:50:36PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> no, i'm currently following the instructions here to first get the
> appropriate firmware:
>
>   http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras/
>
> but those instructions are also maddeningly ambiguous since they tell
> me to figure out which firmware file to download based on what i read
> in a README file, which really doesn't nail it down, so i'm guessing i
> want the bcmwl5.sys file but there are dozens of versions listed under
> that title in that README file.  *man*, i hate crappy documentation.

I added a comment to the bottom of that page:

Users of the softmac-based "bcm43xx" driver should use the firmware from here:

 http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o

FWIW, users of the mac80211-based "bcm43xx-mac80211" driver should use the firmware from here:

 http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0.tar.bz2

For more up-to-date information, please see here:

 http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/bcm43xx#devicefirmware

Hth!

John
--