Re: Qemu, Networking and F7

Charles Curley <charlescurley <at> charlescurley.com> writes:
> Has anyone got qemu working on F7 with networking? I've googled and
> read the docs, but nothing I've tried produces a working network.

I just use the default userspace NAT emulation.

QEMU can talk to the network with no switches at all, the traffic will be NATed
to host ports in userspace. If you want to be able to connect _to_ QEMU, you
can use the -redir switch to map the guest port to a host port:
-redir tcp:host_port::guest_port
For example, guest_port can be 22 for ssh, then you can SSH in with ssh
127.0.0.1 -p host_port (of course you have to pick a free port number for
host_port).

        Kevin Kofler