Re: Strange grub behavior w/new 2.6.22.1-41 kernel

> That's odd. I've never messed with /etc/sysconfig/kernel but the old
> kernel was definitely the default after installation of the new kernel.
> I didn't change anything after the install/update - just rebooted to
> test the new kernel (which I had to select manually).

I've seen this happen sometimes over the past few years.

There's a little utility called "grubby" which has the job of creating
new stanzas in /boot/grub/grub.conf by inheriting the old default
stanza.  Maybe due to edits, blank lines or whatever in grub.conf it
loses its count of stanzas or somesuch.

-Andy