Re: Back Again

Timothy Murphy writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

I don't know if you've ever upgraded Fedora from one release to the next.

I have. Many times.

The upgrade process is as slow as molasses, even though all the metadata
is right there.

Does this matter?
There is no law saying you have to sit and watch it.

What if you have a dozen servers to upgrade?

This gets old very quickly.

And just because you have to do this a few times a year does not mean that you should not make it an efficient process.

I'm actually more worried that Fedora is getting too complicated,
with far too little thought given to simplification and organization.

Exactly. By simplifying the way things get done, you're going to cut out a lot of crap and make the whole process run faster and smoother.