Re: New Kernel still bad

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:29:21 -0600
Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Erich Zigler wrote:
> > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 05:30:22 -0600 Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> 	Yesterday I yummed the updates and they included removing
> >> the last updated kernel and installed a new one called
> >> 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 which I hoped is better than the one it replaced.
> >> 	So I stuck my trusty 2 GB USB storage device into a USB
> >> port and the Hard Drive moved but the firewire things just didn't
> >> do the normal things. I got no listing of the files on it and no
> >> symbol on my desktop that shows it is mounted. I will stay with
> >> the new kernel today and see if I can find other things that
> >> stopped working.

I am using the new kernel on a old Compaq nx9010 (duals w/XP) and my
like-new Sony at home.

I never had the issues that Karl states (plugging in the USB drive and,
not have it auto-mount, not have it list the contense).

I too use F7 on each device - at this point, one must wonder what it is
that either Karl is doing wrong OR, what type/old is the hardware?

It's just odd (to me at least) that nearly-everything Karl seems to do
- fails.

--
Best regards,
Chris