Re: computer name on a LAN

Andy:
It seems rsync will be a lot easier to learn and use than rcp... you

I didn't meant to imply that I'm going to use rcp as a substitute for rsync (which I got from your response). It's just that I wanted to learn something simple before I dive into rsync.

Also, I'll probably need rcp at some point (could've used it several times already).

AFAIK rcp bulk transfer is not encrypted, whereas with rsync-over-ssh it
will be.

Actually, I'm not concerned about encryption - it's on my LAN. I intend to use the standard method with rsync.