Re: computer name on a LAN

Mikkel:
Ok - there is a route to the host.
:)    Funny, considering I got this earlier:
[mpk@d500 documents]$ rcp info 10.0.0.6:
10.0.0.6: No route to host

That is because the port you are trying to connect to is blocked. If
there was not route for everything, then ping return the same error.

OK - I get it. So, would that port be blocked because of no entry in iptables, or because I have to config my router?

Also, what port do rcp and rsync use?

Do I need to use that 'portmap' program? Where do I get it?