Re: Goodbye F7

though I have Gnome & KDE both installed I am useing Enlightenment as my primary desktop environment which is much lighter & not as much of a resource hog that Gnome & KDE have become. The Repo for Enlightenment for F7 is here: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe/

On 7/28/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/07/07, Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > This is something I see on the Fedora lists and Forums as well as with
> > other distros.  People are expecting a single distro to be everything
> > for everyone.  I am a firm believer in the saying "jack of all trades,
> > master of none".  I would much rather see Fedora stick with one target
> > group of users with one focus in mind rather than trying to please
> > everyone with a zillion different spins.
>
> By your logic, Fedora should support Gnome or KDE but not both. Which do you
> use? Maybe we should dump that?

Actually, he could install the server version. I don't think there's
and GUI there, just the CLI. Should be rather quick! And he could
still do his email in mutt, web in lynx, and even video in mPlayer!

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/