Re: suspend/resume: close to depression

On 07/28/2007 02:30 PM, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I own a Dell D505 laptop which has been suspending/resuming nicely since
> FC4 (and with
> some quirks in FC3). After a harddisk crash I just installed F7 and to
> my incredible disbelief S/R
> functionality has stopped working (the system wakes up but the screen
> remains blank). After wasting

I have the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 8200.  I found that I can
login remotely on the system after resume and I noticed that the X
server takes about 100% of the CPU.  strace shows that it is continually
getting SIGALRM and responding to that.  A stack trace shows that it was
somewhere in the nv (that is nv, not nvidia) driver.

And hibernate (suspend to disk) also doesn't work very reliably.
Sometimes it works, but other times it hangs during hibernate.  If it
does work, than resuming also works.

--
Sjoerd Mullender