Re: Goodbye F7

--- Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26/07/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     I must have too many special uses for my Linux. I went to F7 because
> > of many nice things :-)
> > I got many things working and sent in 4 Bug reports none of which have
> > been solved. I was just not able to live without the things I must have.
> > So I am back to FC6 and will get a few things from F7 to here and be
> > done with it :-(
> >
> > Karl
> >

> Er, care to be a tad more specific? Bugzilla is great for reporting
> bugs in the distro, but for fixing your problems, that's what the list
> is for. One at a time, what doesn't work?
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://lyricslist.com/
> http://what-is-what.com/

I second this one. There are slackers once in a while, but Bugzilla is great
for being on top of fixing things.

One of the reasons I stick to FC/F. Even though F is increasingly going the
Windoze route: back to my peeve: why can't we have a low-resources desktop for
F for the high-resources-challenged? The usual approach of the semi-bloated
gnome and lets say xfce does not work, since gnome-crap gets started up anyway.

Trotter.