Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

I am using Fedora since first release: and if you look back I reported
some bugs (the latest are scanner as user not working).
If USB is not working any more in latest releases, I assume that
something were not tested (I mean something very easy to test, a 10USD
stick to connect and disconnect...)
And I assume that my early report about USB not working is an early
warning that should be appreciated by developers, don't you??

I think it is very unfair to claim that testing was not done. Any new update, before being released, is put into the testing repo first. At this point the kind souls who choose to run the testing repo get these updates and report the problems back to the fedora testing lists etc. Any problems which are found are usually fixed.

using the testing repo is voluntary and thus it is quite unfair to complain that it is not properly done. It is not true that USB is completely broken with the new kernel, for many people its OK and for me at least it got better. Maybe the problem is somehow specific to your hardware (sounds likely to me), in which case unless some which your hardware was kind enough to try out the test releases, then your problem would not be found until now. Did you bother to try testing yourself ? If not don't complain about those that do.

Chris