Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

2007/7/27, Chris Jones <jonesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > and that didn't work with a scanner as user (only as root): once
> > again, I assume that the tester should at least have a scanner and an
> > USB stick and check them before issuing.
> > Otherwise three jumps ahead and two jumps back!!! and you don't know
> > what is going to be broken: updating means updating, not improving
> > some parts and killing others :-(
>
> For what its worth, its not as simple as you are making out.
>
> For me, the latest kernel actually fixed USB mounting - I now get it
> automatically whereas before I didn't. I use KDE, maybe thats important ?
>
> Also what makes you think anyone owes it to you to test *your* hardware
> for you before releasing updates - Fedora isn't RHEL you know, no
> support guarantees etc. I suggest you take a look at the testing mailing
> list / repos to see how hard the testers do work. Still bugs will still
> get through in a bleeding edge distro like Fedora. Either make an effort
> and do the testing yourself and provide feedback, or use a more stable
> distro, like a RHEL derived work (centos... etc.)
>
> Chris
>
> --

Chris

I am using Fedora since first release: and if you look back I reported
some bugs (the latest are scanner as user not working).
If USB is not working any more in latest releases, I assume that
something were not tested (I mean something very easy to test, a 10USD
stick to connect and disconnect...)
And I assume that my early report about USB not working is an early
warning that should be appreciated by developers, don't you??

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag