Re: usb_storage - BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!

> > > I am having soft lookups when a plug a usb stick or an usb external
> > > disc (ide-usb adapter) on an FC6 x86_64 (fully updated), Intel D975XBX2
> > > (Bad Axe) Mobo.
> > >
> > > During more or less 30 sec everything freezes, including the mouse,
> > > but after this time interval everything goes back to normal again, and
> > > I can use the
> > > disc or stick without any problem.
> > >
> > > I can't say when this start to happen. The computer is only a few month
> > > old.
> > >
> > > Any suggestion?
> >
> > If your not tainted this needs to go to bugzilla with a smolt profile or
> > lspci -vvv so the kernel boys get a look.
> >
> > ...dex
>
> I have nvidia binary modules installed. That's why I did not file a bug
> report yet.

Ooops, well here's a plan of action, If you don't see these problems without
nvidia modules go over to the nvidia forums and start making noise. :-)

Hi,

I was waiting for a new kernel, and found 2.6.22-1.24.fc6 in testing.

With this new kernel I do not have any problem at all. No lockups.
Still tainted with nvidia driver.

I am running it for 2 days and everything seems to be fine.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ