Re: Fedora 7 freezes two or three times per day

On 7/24/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dawning Sky wrote:

>>         I am interested in how your F7 freezes. I had a freeze
>> yesterday. What
>> happened I think was all the fast RAM got used and it was using the Swap
>> partition. I watched my hard drive light and it was on solid. I did
>> Ctrl-Alt F1 and in about 3 minutes it dropped to a prompt. But I was
>> unable to log in it so slow.
>>
>>         Does this sound like yours?
>>

>> --
>>
>>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>         Linux User
>>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>
> No. Not at all.  I have 4GB of RAM.  And my freeze can only be brought
> out of by a hard reset.
>
> DS

        Well mine also requires a hard reset to get back to normal. Your 4 GB
of RAM does make it harder to use up but it does happen. While your
computer is frozen look at your hard drive use.

My freeze does not appear related to the computer load.  If often
freezes with very light desktop usage.  But it does appear to be
related to the desktop usage, not any application in particular.  So
the suspicion is that it's video related.  For now, I'm using nv
driver.  It's been good so far (for a day or so).

DS