Re: yum install vmware-server

Robert L Cochran wrote:

Vmware will run unmodified OS versions (as in windows too) in machines that don't have VT capable CPU's. The virtual machine images are portable across Windows, Mac, and Linux hosts. VMware can run the vast number of downloadable pre-built images here: http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/. Xen may have other advantages but there are still reasons to run VMware - and the price is right.

I just installed VMware Workstation 6 on a Fedora 7 host after spending a couple weeks using xen, again on a Fedora 7 host. My big problem with xen is that it lacks a nice graphical console that I can do real work in with a bunch of guest OSes without straining my eyes to see the tiny, non-resizeable windows.

You should be able to interact directly with the virtual machine's own remote GUI interfaces. Even under VMware which includes decent console access I often run vnc directly to windows guests and ssh or freenx to Linux, ignoring the fact that they are virtual.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx