Re: Mystery of chroot

on 7/22/2007 3:48 PM, Jim Cornette wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> on 7/22/2007 1:41 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
>>> On 2007/07/22 16:06 (GMT-0400) David Boles apparently typed:

>>> A sample size of one machine is meaningless. Typical doz users have their
>>> systems mucked up by all sorts of detritus, for which a common, and
>>> sometimes only, escape is reinstallation.
>>> http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/lbarker5-03.m3u
>> Maybe. But it typically is not Windows that "mucks up" the system. It is
>> the user. Those are them same users that can "muckup" a Linux install.
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> Using Windows for commercial products leads to all sorts of possible
> problems from plug-n-play wrongly detecting the wrong device to simple
> items like adding one new device to the system will mess up the whole
> system. Then even removing the new hardware will still leave the system
> destroyed. Once windows does the wrong thing, it is near impossible to
> get it to revert back to a working state again.

Never had this problem. I add and remove USB harddrives, pen drives, my
camera, along with other things, with never a hiccup. The only actual
piece of hardware that Windows cares about is the motherboard. And that is
only because the correct drivers are not there, yet, for the new
motherboard's chip set.

--

  David