Re: Smart packages

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>>
>>>     Thinking about Ferdora 7 and 8 it appears when 8 is made
>>> available we will need to download another DVD full of software. I
>>> want to talk about a better way. Why must a person building a server
>>> get 4.7 GB of software when he wants just 750 MBytes of it?
>>
>> There is no need to do. There is a network boot option with boot.iso
>> image and there are Live images, both GNOME and KDE spins for x86 is
>> around the size you want.
>>
>> Rahul
>>
>     As usual Rahul you didn't read what I wrote. You just throw out
> things that have zero to do with concept.

Rahul is a smart guy who is very plugged into Fedora development: if he
was moved to reply it is almost certainly worth something.

For the sake of future searchers to nobody in particular I note you can
also use yum to upgrade to a new version of Fedora.  I've done it by
meddling with the URLs in /etc/yum.repos.d/ but you can maybe do it
cleaner by installing fedora-release package from the new version, which
should set up /etc/yum.repos.d/* to point to the new repos.  After that
a yum update should be comparing what you have already to what the new
version has and downloading accordingly.

-Andy