Re: F7 kernel upgrades

antonio montagnani wrote:
> 2007/7/21, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> antonio montagnani wrote:
>> > I updated kernel yumming it
>> >
>> > 1) at reboot, the madwifi driver from freshrpms didn't build against
>> dkms
>> > 2) after upgrading I should have the following two kerenels:
>> >
>> > 2.6.22.1-27
>> > 2.6.21-1.3228.
>>
>> Which kernel were you actively running when you upgraded.  My
>> understanding is that the yum installonlyn plugin keeps the new one and
>> the one you are currently running.  If you have a newer one you are not
>> currently running, it punts it in favor of the new one.
>>
>> > surprise!!! I found  2.6.21-1.3194 but no 2.5.21-1.3228

> I was running the newest 2.6.21-1.3228 and not the oldest 2.6.21-1.3194
>
> Very strange, isn't it???

Well, if your logs back you up, then bugzilla it as a bug in yum (more
importantly in the yum installonlyn plugin), and be prepared to show
your proof in the bug report.  I can almost guarantee the first thing
the maintainer is going to do is question which kernel you were running.
 B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx