Re: Problem with NON-Wireless network card

Steven J. Brown (NY) wrote:
Hi,

Since I updated the kernel on my Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook running FC6 to release 2.6.22.1-15.fc6, my wired network card, a BroadCom BCM4401 100Base-T, is no longer found. Under previous kernel, which I still have installed, it finds this card and configures eth0 to use it. There's also a wireless card but I haven't had the time to get it working since upgrading from FC3 to FC6. It was using ndiswrapper and configured for device wlan0 before, but it seems like that might no longer be necessary. Anyway, there is no wireless service where I am and my wired card is not detected. Since it is not in the hardware list in the network configuration utility, I cannot configure it manually. How can I make FC6 detect my card?

Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Additional info:

Error text generated when trying to activate device:

Determining IP information for eth0.../sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for eth0 not found. Continuing with defaults. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/network-functions: line 78: eth0: No such file or directory /sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for eth0 not found. Continuing with defaults. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/network-functions: line 78: eth0: No such file or directory PING 89.130.254.11 (89.130.254.11) from 89.150.0.110 eth0: 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 89.130.254.11 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 3000ms
, pipe 3
failed.

This transmission contains information intended to be confidential and solely for the use of Value Line, Inc., and those persons or entities to whom it is directed. It is not to be reproduced, retransmitted, or in any other manner distributed. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.