Kernel Panic after F7-32 install on nforce based board

Hi All,

I have a Asus A8N-E motherboard with two WD 36GB Raptors in a NVRAID-0 configuration for Windows XP and a WD 250GB IDE drive for Fedora. I have had Fedora Core 6 installed on this system previously, but with the new AMD/ATI driver that supports Fedora 7 [I have a X1800XL], I finally decided to upgrade. I wiped out the 250GB drive that housed the FC6[32] install, and did a default just like I did for FC6 for F7. After a seemingly normal install, upon reboot I get a Kernel Panic because the system can not located the hard drive. I thought it might be an LVM thing, so I re-installed with non-lvm partitioning [/boot,swap,/], and still that failed. One thing that I noticed for the install of F7 was the loading of the pata-nvidia driver. I don't remember seeing that when I installed FC6. I find it odd that the IDE drive was being assigned a SDC dev name instead of an HDA dev name. Could this be part of the problem? Needless to say, I am at a stand still unless I can get this resolved. I found this link that has a similar issue: http:// www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=569051.

Has anyone run into this problem and successfully fixed it?

Thanx in advance!

-Ubence