Cannot install on 3ware raid

Hi,

I have a 2 x intel quad core system with 32Mbytes of ram, 2 x 80GB disks and one 250GB disk. The two 80Gb disks were originally connected to a two port 3ware raid controller (don't know the number) and are now on the same SATA controller as the 250Gb disk.

From the beginning:
After inserting the DVD with F7 x86_64, the 3ware raid controller was recognized and the 3w3xxxx driver was installed. The controller had been set up to use the two 80Gb disks as system disks mirrored (by hardware), so F7 saw this array as a single disk (sda). I could partition the disk (single /, single swap) and managed to get the setup to install grub on this disk Then I started the installation. The raid was formatted and then the installation went through in a blaze, so it seemed - in reality every package got a db4 error!

I deleted the 2ware raid and defined two single disks, using one for a test installation. I could then actually start the installation, but at the package named 'rpm' it stopped and hung, not doing anything. I could not see any kind of error on any of the consoles!

Now I am running the two 80Gb disks on the SATA controller and am using a sotware mirror for the root partition - installation fine, system is up and running!

I previously had FC5 x86_64 installed using the 3ware raid controller, which worked, though it was not possible to use rpm (rebuilt the dbs many times, cleanedup, did what was available on the net) - no use, rpm always generated db errors.

Now without the 3ware controller - so far no problems, evan after a yum update.

-Robert