Re: Claws to Mutt

On 19Jul2007 21:47, Chris <racerx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:44:40 -0400 Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > Chris wrote:
| > > I have it working just fine as-is. The biggest issue I can see right
| > > now, is the sub-folders I have my mail currently in.
| > >
| > > IE: All Fedora mail goes to inbox/Fedora etc, etc, etc.
| > >
| > > If I kept is simple from the git-go where all mail just went into
| > > the inbox, I would be done.
| >
| > What part of that is causing you work, getting the mail pulled down
| > and sorted, or telling mutt how to find your mail?
| >
| > I use fetchmail and procmail for the former.  The mailboxes command is
| > what you set for the latter.
|
| 	Forgive my ignorance on this - Since I use Claws, here is
| something how my current Mail dir looks like (Claws uses MH, in
| #HOME/Mail)
|
| $HOME
| 	Mail
| 		inbox
| 			Fedora
| 			Fedora-DS
| 			CentOS
| 			Ubuntu
| 			Etc, etc, etc

To tell mutt itself about this you need two settings:

  set folder=~/Mail/inbox

which specifies your top level mail folder and:

  mailboxes +Fedora +Fedora-DS +Centos +Ubuntu

which specifies which folders to watch for new mail. Mutt's "change
folder" function has a show-folders mode with will show everything in
~/Mail/inbox without using the "mailboxes" setting.

| I can certainly pull mail from my ISP without issues, I'm unsure how to
| now seperate them into the above while preserving the many emails that
| currently live in the above dirs.

As Todd says, fetchmail to pull the mail and procmail to file it into
the folders.

You have a lot of mail already filed in these folders - was Claws doing
this filing for you?

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Raw data, like raw sewage, needs some processing before it can be
spread around. The opposite is true of theories.
        - James A. Carr <jac@xxxxxxxxxxxx>