Re: New issues with Sending email: related to Domain name transfer?

On 7/18/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Linus Ulrick wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I have a fully qualified domain name: "afolkey2.net" and I have been
> running my own website and mailserver with that domain for quite some
> time.  I have been able to successfully receive & Send email from any
> of a variety of "afolkey2.net" email addresses.
>
> But, I just transferred the above mentioned domain to a new registrar
> (like I said above, I host my own website and run my own mailserver)
> Now, I can no longer send email from any afolkey2.net email addresses.
> Squirrelmail, Claws-mail, Thunderbird.  I get errors like this:
>
> ** error occurred on SMTP session
> *** Error occurred while sending the message:
> 550 5.7.1 <transfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup
> failed [192.168.1.1]
>
> or this:
>
>       ERROR                            Connection refused
> Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream.

My experience is that it takes about a week for a new domain name to
make it's way across the world. If it has been less than a week just
relax and it will happen.

Karl

Hello, Karl
So, you are saying that even though http://www.afolkey2.net is now
accessible by it's domain name, that different, oh let's say
"functions" of my domain will take different amounts of time to become
useable again?  If that is so, that's cool.  I'm just asking because I
honestly want to know.  I must restate, though, that the thing that
confuses me is how my registrar, in two different locations, shows two
different sets of nameservers.  But again, this might all just be a
waiting game.

Thank you for your attention,
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: I had forgotten that I had used the name of our dear deceased
cat, Linus (pronounced Lee-nus) in the account settings on this email