Wireless on Fedora 7 using bcmxx

I am running Fedora 7 on a Dell D620 (intel core duo) with a bcm4318.
The radio sees the AP's that are available but I cannot connect.  I seem
to vaguely remember reading something about an interrupt conflict (or
something like that) between the bcmxx driver and the X.org windowing
system (I am running gnome with Beryl) but I cannot find where I read
it.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I am willing to start
over on this if there is a step-by-step procedure out there that
describes setting up the wireless.  Everything else seems to work great
and I am very pleased with Fedora 7 so far with the exception of this
one issue.
Thanks;
-Alan