Re: Palm T|X on Fedora 7

Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 15:00 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Craig White wrote:
I am struggling trying to make a Palm T|X work on Fedora 7

The problem *may* lie with the fact that in order to make this box work
(A Dell Optiplex 320), that I have to add 'pci=nomsi acpi=off' kernel
params on bootup.

udevinfo tells me all about the device.

I can see the device exists when I plug it in and check it via

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* and
ls -l /dev/pilot

but even if I try (as root),

pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/ttyUSB1 or pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/pilot show
nothing at all

Is the problem my kernel parameters?

Read my Bug report on this subject at bug 248241. If you have a FC6 you can use it works fine there.
----
read your bug report and will probably amplify it because it's somewhat
devoid of information but yes, I expect that it would work on FC-6 but
that isn't the question here.

Thanks

You did not read the big thing I added. It is a paper and you have to click in the right spot to read it. Try again and if you want to join in on the bug be glad to have you!

Karl