Re: Change in ls -l time stamp display?

On Tuesday, Jul 17th 2007 at 07:19 -0400, quoth Pete Geenhuizen:

=>I just started noodling around with F7, on my second install, and I'm
=>sure that initially, but not positive, in an ls -l  listing the file
=>time stamp was as it has always been.
=>
=>Either I missed it or the recent update of coreutils has changed the
=>time stamp display in a long listing of ls.  Is it me or has anyone else
=>also noticed this change.
=>
=>This is what I mean, notice the date format
=>fc6
=>$ ls -lad /etc
=>drwxr-xr-x 154 root root 12288 Jul 17 00:44 /etc
=>
=>now in f7
=>$ ls -lad /etc
=>drwxr-xr-x 108 root root 12288
=>2007-07-17 04:28 /etc
=>
=>If it's me can someone enlighten me what
=>the fix is or is this a bug?

If I could make a humble suggestion to those of us living in the
backwaters of the US: Edit your /etc/sysconfig/i18n and do this:

#LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LANG="C"
LC_COLLATE=C

All will be well after that. Anything other than this will cause you to
support things that in almost all likelyhood will not be what you want.
BTW, Last time I looked, "." came lexicographically before any letter of
the alphabet.

steveo at syslang.net