Re: Change in ls -l time stamp display?

Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
I just started noodling around with F7, on my second install, and I'm sure that initially, but not positive, in an ls -l listing the file time stamp was as it has always been.

Either I missed it or the recent update of coreutils has changed the time stamp display in a long listing of ls. Is it me or has anyone else also noticed this change.

This is what I mean, notice the date format
fc6
$ ls -lad /etc
drwxr-xr-x 154 root root 12288 Jul 17 00:44 /etc

now in f7
$ ls -lad /etc
drwxr-xr-x 108 root root 12288 2007-07-17 04:28 /etc

If it's me can someone enlighten me what the fix is or is this a bug?

Thx
Pete
dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.
I don't detect any virus from your email Pete. Why did you install F7 twice? If it loads it is good I thought. I looked at man ls and it seems to be the same one from FC6 so far as I can see. What you show is the same thing from FC6 and F7 the difference being the date. On FC6 you get a USA standard date. On F7 you get the European date and that looks different. Both are accurate I think and I like the looks of the F7 line better :-)

I don't think it is a Bug.

Karl