Re: BCM WiFi Problem

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> This is a continuation of the thread "Add Wireless to laptop".
>

> [root@mbrc35 network-scripts]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0
> # Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
> # for the documentation of these parameters.
> TYPE=Wireless
> DEVICE=wlan0
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> NETMASK=
> DHCP_HOSTNAME=RoseMike
> IPADDR=
> DOMAIN=
> USERCTL=yes
> IPV6INIT=no
> PEERDNS=yes
> ESSID=RoseMike
> CHANNEL=1
> MODE=Auto
> RATE=Auto
> HWADDR=[verified MAC address]
> ONBOOT=yes
>
> How do they look?  I don't know what "CHANNEL" is.

Because you are connecting to an access point, I would expect
Mode=Managed. If you are using WEP with a shared key, I would also
expect to find a key-wlan0 file with the encryption key. You might
also need SECURITYMODE=restricted in ifcfg-wlan0. I know that my
access point will not respond to DHCP requests if I do not have the
security mode set to restricted.

Mikkel