Re: Smartd Logs

Clovis Tristao wrote:
Hi All,

After installing Fedora 7, they are appearing the messages below, in
log:

--------------------- Smartd Begin ------------------------
Currently unreadable (pending) sectors detected:
    /dev/sdb - 48 Time(s)
    2987 unreadable sectors detected

Offline uncorrectable sectors detected:
    /dev/sda - 48 Time(s)
    10 offline uncorrectable sectors detected
    /dev/sdb - 48 Time(s)
    2987 offline uncorrectable sectors detected

Why appear this messages? I'm worried.

Another question, because the system changed the recognition of the
HD-IDE of hda for sda? Thanks a lot,

Clóvis

First, with Fedora 7 /dev/hdb1 becomes /dev/sdb1. You are looking at the root messages and mine have the same sort of thing saying it can't find something. I expect it is a bug but I would have trouble writing one for this.

   Do not worry if your system comes up and works :-)

Karl