Re: Window manager problem again?

Chris Tyler wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:26:24 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
I've been having problems with the Livna driver for my Nvidia video
card so I took it out and now there is no window manager. If I run 'metacity' from a terminal it looks fine. Is metacity the default window manager for the Gnome version of F7? How do I get a window manager to load on bootup?

Perhaps you had Compiz enabled when you were using the Livna driver? Use
the "Desktop Effects" control to turn it off, which will enable Metacity
in place of Compiz+gtk-window-decorator. (/usr/bin/gnome-wm has code
that should handle this case but doesn't).

--
Chris Tyler
http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com

Thanks Chris, that was the problem and it is fixed now.

knute...