Re: two audio cards?

stan wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 06:47:20 -0400
"Ferguson, Michael" <ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow. I never realised this.
Let say I have 300 ogg files of 3 differente genre. Therefore I need
3 cards Could it be configured to output the different genres to
specific cards.......classical to one card, jazz to another, etc, all
playing simultaneously?

Thanks

I haven't done this, but if I understand the alsa architecture
correctly the answer is yes.

You would need to set up with speakers on each, and then set the
application that is playing to use the different cards.  Alsa will have
assigned them different aliases, and the application will have to be
configured to use the alias of the card you want for the music genre
you want.

actually its for record or input only on the second card. The built in sound card doesn't seem to be fully supported yet for audio input.

Jeff