Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

On Sunday, July 15, 2007 11:51 am Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> Well! what about games? All the popular games comes for Windows machine. My
> friend loves to play latest PC games like Counter Strike, Need for Speed,
> Age of Empires, F.E.A.R, Grand Theft Auto, World of Warcraft n so many
> others.
>
> Well, I didn't have much interest in games so didn't tried it but can Wine
> Let him help to let F7 kick out XP without creating any trouble for his
> game passion?

Well... that's really the only major point that holds up Linux desktop
adoption; as you noted, most games work on Windows only.  Wine can run some
of them, but AFAIK the only way to get consistent behavior is to dual-boot
and run Windows for games and games only.  Or you can use a virtual machine
(though you don't get 3D that way...).